Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) will debut increased domestic service beginning this fall at Los Angeles International Airport with new daily flights to four destinations and expanded service to nine existing markets.
Delta currently operates more than 115 peak-day departures to 40 destinations from Los Angeles, and every flight offers BusinessElite/First Class and Economy Comfort seating. Additionally, every domestic flight features Wi-Fi service.
Delta's new and expanded Los Angeles service includes (effective dates):
- Pacific Northwest service with four new daily flights to Portland, Ore.*, as well as two additional daily flights to Seattle* (Sept. 3)
- Expanded Bay Area service with three additional daily flights to San Francisco*, two additional daily flights to Oakland, Calif.*, and one additional daily flight to San Jose, Calif.*, (Sept. 3)
- One additional daily flight to New Orleans (Sept. 3)
- One additional daily flight to Kansas City, Mo.* (Sept. 3)
- Additional flights to both Indianapolis and Columbus, Ohio resulting in daily service (Sept. 3)
- Retimed daily service to Tampa, Fla., and Raleigh, N.C. (Sept. 3)
- New limited daily service to Missoula, Mont.*, and Kalispell, Mont.* (Dec. 21 – Jan. 5)
- New limited daily (Dec. 21 – Jan. 5) and Saturday only (Jan. 11 – March 29) service to Jackson Hole, Wyo.*
- Seasonal limited daily (Dec. 21 – Jan. 5) and Saturday only (Jan. 11 – March 29) service to Bozeman, Mont.* (Dec. 21 – March 29)
*A portion of travel for some itineraries may be on the Delta Connection® carriers: Compass Airlines and SkyWest.
"Delta is committed to being the preferred airline for our customers in Los Angeles by providing additional service at more convenient times and during key demand periods," said Bob Cortelyou, Delta's senior vice president – Network Planning. "Coupled with our expanding airline partnerships and improved airport customer experience, we offer a superior product in one of the industry's most competitive markets."
Delta is remodeling Terminal 5 at LAX in conjunction with its partnership with the City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles World Airports. The current project will double the size of the ticketing lobby and screening checkpoints, open an exclusive, separate Sky Priority lobby and checkpoint, and include renovations to the Delta Sky Club and new baggage carousels.
On July 3, Delta added its code to Virgin Atlantic Airways' twice-daily service to London's Heathrow Airport as part of its codesharing agreement providing convenient bookings for Delta customers.
Earlier this year, Delta announced increased service at LAX with daily, year-round and seasonal service to 14 destinations, including eight new markets. By this winter, Delta and its partners including Virgin Australia Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Air France-KLM and Virgin Atlantic will operate more than 170 peak-day departures to 59 nonstop destinations, including Amsterdam, London-Heathrow, Paris, Sydney and Tokyo, from Los Angeles.
Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. Delta was named by Fortune magazine as the most admired airline worldwide in its 2013 World's Most Admired Companies airline industry list, topping the list for the second time in three years. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to 330 destinations in 65 countries on six continents. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs nearly 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. The airline is a founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance and participates in the industry's leading trans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 15,000 daily flights, with hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York-LaGuardia, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City and Tokyo-Narita. Delta is investing more than $3 billion in airport facilities and global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground.