As a tribute to contemporary Chinese culture and to support local art development, art gallery-masquerading hotel, Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong launches the Red Guards – Moving Forward! photo competition on its Facebook fan page to embrace the summer holiday season and echo its vision to build great memories for its guests.
Inspired by the hotel’s contemporary Chinese art collection, guests are invited to take photos with the iconic Red Guards – Moving Forward! Making Money! sculpture by Jiang Shuo on the ground level lobby of the hotel, for chances to be in its uniquely designed collage and win a two-night stay along with a food and beverage voucher and Chuan Spa voucher.
Photos submitted will be used to create a replica of the Red Guard comprising thousands of mini images, which will be displayed as another signature art piece for the hotel.
Continuing its efforts to give back, Langham Place Hotel will donate HK$1 per photo collected from now until 30 September 2013 to a well reputed art charity in support of the local art community.
Specially crafted by the legendary Chinese artist, Jiang Shuo, Red Guards – Moving Forward! Making Money! have featureless faces with wide open mouths shouting slogans to reflect his views at the change in culture over the years.
WHEN: Now until 30 September 2013
WHERE: Red Guards – Moving Forward! Making Money!, Hotel Lobby, Ground Level
HOW TO ENTER:
- Snap a fun photo with the Red Guards – Moving Forward! Making Money! in the hotel’s ground floor lobby
- Become a fan of Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong’s Facebook fan page
- Upload the photo to the hotel’s Facebook or submit the photo via email with the subject of “Red Guards – Moving Forward! Taking Photos!” together with the contact details
- New photos will be uploaded onto Facebook on a daily basis
- The winning photo will be selected by the number of “likes”. The winner of the competition will be the photo with the highest number of likes until the end of the competition on 30 September 2013
- Winners will be announced in early October on Langham Place, Mongkok, Hong Kong’s Facebook fan page
- Photos collected will be used to create a collage photo of Red Guards to be displayed at the hotel in November 2013