Aussies answer the #ILoveNSW call to share what they LOVE about NSW
Tens of thousands of Australians have responded to the call to showcase NSW’s unique regions and experiences by snapping, shooting and sharing on social media to show what they love about the State.
Over 16,000 photos and 630 videos were posted across social media over an eight-week period, which included the Easter break and ANZAC long weekend. Content was shared from every corner of the State, revealing a vast array of landscapes, experiences and attractions on offer in NSW.
From hidden gems to firm favourites, the most captured experiences and activities include remote beaches and surfing hotspots, treasured historic buildings, regional inland locations from mysterious valleys to stark outback vistas, and a plethora of events and festivals.
As part of the #ILoveNSW activity, the top four video and four photo submissions that showcased the unique regions and experiences of NSW, are to be heroed in a series of eight curated short films.
The eight winners include:
- Jan Breckwoldt’s stunning image of the unusual Horse Head Rock in Bermagui, Southern NSW
- Gayle Wyborn, who shared beautiful images of Glen Innes, New England in Country and Outback NSW
- Dale Ketteringham, who captured the stark beauty of Broken Hill in Country and Outback NSW
- Shane Smith’s mysterious image of the rolling clouds across Jamison Valley in Leura, Blue Mountains
- Peter Whiter, who captured through video the natural wonders of Eden in Southern NSW
- David Stoelhorst’s vision of the astonishing Belmore Falls in Wildes Meadow in Southern NSW
- Lius Hanse’s video of Fingal Bay’s idyllic coast
- James Vodicka, who showcased the majestic wildlife of Lord Howe Island, located off the NSW North Coast, in video.
NSW Minister for Tourism and Major Events Adam Marshall said: “I am delighted that so many people contributed to this popular campaign, shining a light on the scenery, experiences and attractions on offer in rural and regional NSW. No doubt these incredible images and videos will encourage travellers to look beyond the fringes of Sydney when they’re planning their next short break or holiday.”
“The inspiration behind #ILoveNSW is to showcase the best of NSW through the eyes of everyday Australians, both locals and visitors alike. We hope that travellers are left wide-eyed and inspired to visit these unique parts of the State, and to continue sharing their tips, videos and photos on social media with the world.
“The tourism business is everybody’s business – it turbocharges local economies, generates jobs and drives investment in local communities. We will continue promote the best of the bush and our scenic coastline through initiatives such as this campaign to ensure tourism in rural and regional NSW continues to grow and grow.”
The series has been created to provide would-be travellers with “holiday-spiration” and inspire them to start planning their next getaway or short break in rural or regional NSW. The content highlights scenic road tips, nature escapes, great outdoors and more, shared by in-the-know holidaymakers and locals alike.