CEO says Qantas is still safe

   
     

Qantas CEO, Alan Joyce, has defended Qantas’ safety reputation this weekend, after another minor issue sparked further controversy for the heavily publicised airline.

A London-bound Qantas aircraft was delayed on Saturday night due to a “minor wiring issue” according to Mr. Joyce.

The flight recommenced on Sunday morning without any problems.

Mr. Joyce has also dismissed suggestions JetStar pilot, Joe Eakins, was terminated this month because he raised safety concerns about the airline.

“In this case the pilot in question didn’t raise safety concerns – he raised issues that are industrial relations issues related to employment in Singapore and relating to progression within the organisation,” Mr Joyce said, according to SMH Business Day.

Qantas has been under immense scrutiny ever since the mid-air engine explosion of an A380 flight earlier this month.

“The issue that started all of this was the issue on the A380, which involved a very serious failure on a Rolls-Royce engine,” Mr. Joyce told ABC’s Inside Business program on Sunday.

Mr. Joyce says the future is still bright and stressed the way in which the airline has handled the recent crisis would prove positive in the long run.

“The compliments that we’re getting on how Qantas handled it, how our pilots handled it, our cabin crew handled it, how the organisation handled it, I think will actually do our brand really good in the medium to long term” he said.
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: P.T
Pin It

Comments are closed.