Chicago with roomsXML – Expect the unexpected
Source = roomsxml.com
Sure, Chicago is windy, but the nickname The Windy City doesn’t refer to the copious amount of actual wind pushing through the city. It actually refers to a 1800’s comment from a newspaper editor regarding the warm air created from the mouths of local politicians. I think something most of us can empathise with.
These days Chicago is the USA’s 3rd largest city known for its Jazz, museums, public art, and superb coastline; a miracle in itself considering Chicago was initially swamp, and fields. The great fire almost levelled the entire city.
For the tourist, public transport is a no brainer, with extensive rail and bus systems; or do yourself a favour and do it on foot; walking tours allow the visitor to see so much more.
roomsXML has over 284 Properties across Chicago
Some of the most popular things to see & do in Chicago are:
– Adler Planetarium; see the Museum Campus precinct.
– Museum of Science and Industry.
– Frank Lloyd Wright properties in Oak Park, Hyde Park, Rogers Park.
– Sears Tower.
– Oak Street Beach and North Avenue Beach.
– Lollapalooza music festival in August.
– Jazz Fest in September.
– Catch a Chicago Bulls basketball match at the United Centre- West Side.
– Shopping on the famous Magnificent Mile.
roomsXML has over 96,000 properties worldwide . If you are unsure about which property to book, always check for the ‘Preferred’ logo next to the hotel; that means its been recommended by other Travel Agents. Thanks for Wikitravel for the tips.