One day to mark in the calendar to score Cheap Flights
Earlybird sales might be over for the year, but there’s one day that savvy travellers need to mark in their calendars if they want to nab cheap flights.
According to leading global flight search and travel deals platform Cheapflights.com.au, if this year follows the trend of the past few years, Aussies may get an extra gift in Santa’s bag, with Boxing Day flash sales on Tuesday 26 December 2017.
Amy Wei, Head of KAYAK and Cheapflights brands in Asia Pacific, said that while there are no guarantees, it is always good to be prepared.
“Over the past couple of years, we’ve seen incredible Boxing Day sale fares to Europe, America, Asia and around Australia, where Aussies saved up to 70 per cent off normal ticket prices. But you’ve got to act quickly, because these sales typically only last for a few days. To snag yourself a bargain holiday, the secret is to be ready bright and early on Boxing Day,” she said.
With limited cheap fares available, soon-to-be travellers need to be ready to grab that discounted flight. To help, the experts at Cheapflights have put together tips to hunting down a bargain like a pro.
- Be flexible – Time your trip within sale-specified travel dates. While your preferred travel date might have sold out, you could find some hidden bargains by travelling even just a day earlier or day later. And if you’re still looking for inspiration on the ‘where to go’, Cheapflights’ Travel Deals can offer you a range of options, tailored to your budget.
- Play to the timezone – Remember, Boxing Day arrives in Australia before Europe and North America, so if you stay up late you could nab the very best Christmas sales from European and American airlines when they’re released. Whether you are splashing the Christmas cash from your Grandma straight away or using money you’ve saved across the year, Boxing Day can provide the chance to get the most MPK (Miles Per Buck).
- Try the routes less travelled – Play around with routes – you could discover savings and cool new destinations. If you are travelling to Europe, have a look at different gateway cities instead of London and Paris. There are many cheaper flight options for flying within Asia too, like getting to Sri Lanka via Malaysia, or to Japan via Singapore. And when travelling long haul, consider adding a stopover at an airline’s homeport – and voilà, another exciting city to explore. Some airlines will also allow you to add a stopover for free or for a low fee.
- Dont forget premium – Often you can find premium economy or business class tickets at a much lower price during these sales. Definitely worth considering for long haul flights, where good sleep means you can hit the ground running to make the most of your holiday time. Or simply to treat yourself to a luxury flight experience for a fraction of the cost … flatbed seats, need we say more? If you are travelling regularly, get the Cheapflights mobile app so you can find the right flights by using Smart Value anywhere, anytime. You will be able to save all your flight preferences for faster, more personal experience across all your devices.
- Bookmark cheapflights.com.au – We’re not called Cheapflights for nothing. We make it easy for you to source all the best deals from different airlines and providers, so you can be confident that you are comparing the best Boxing Day deals.