Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, has introduced 16 new, enriching, and exciting cooking classes for the 2018 European season aboard Marina and Riviera. Oceania Cruises is widely recognised for its groundbreaking culinary enrichment offerings, including the introduction of the first-ever Culinary Centre at sea equipped with individual induction cook top work stations. The new programs were developed by longtime Director of Culinary Enrichment, Chef Kathryn Kelly, and will debut with the first European sailings of the year this April and May.
“In The Culinary Center, guests cook under the instruction of faculty members who are experienced chefs and restauranteurs who have apprenticed under a who’s who of renowned chefs,” shares Kelly. “We continue to add new classes to keep things fresh for our repeat guests and this year we’re thrilled to present our most diverse array of classes, including the first-ever knife-skills-only class to be offered at sea.”
New and Noteworthy Highlights
Slice: Mastering Chef Knife Skills
In partnership with the world-renowned Zwilling Company, makers of the chef-favourite J.A. Henckels knives, Oceania Cruises has developed one of our top guest-requested classes – a comprehensive knife skills class. Participants will get a chef’s look at a complete pantry of knives and enjoy the chance to try out a few chef knives to discover the best option for you. They’ll also learn how to sharpen and maintain this essential kitchen tool, practice various knife cuts and discover how to safely use the mandolin slicer – Chef Jacques Pépin’s favourite kitchen tool. At the conclusion of the class, all participants will receive a special Knife Skills certificate along with a savings voucher for their favourite Zwilling Company knives.
Rethink the Crêpe
While most people may think of the crêpe as French cuisine, this little envelope of love is popular everywhere and enjoyed in many variations the world over. From authentic buckwheat galettes to sweet crêpes Suzette, the recipes in this class will reveal or renew your passion for crêpes and their luscious fillings and toppings. Sweet, savory and everything in between – prepare to be amazed by the world of crêpes.
The Nordic Kitchen
Participants will delight in the delectable cuisine of Scandinavia and Northern Europe as they take a culinary voyage around the Baltic, discovering the secrets of delicacies from both land and sea. Savour regional specialties such as Estonian fish soup, Nordic salmon rillettes, gravlax cured in the traditional Scandinavian spirit and hearty meatballs with a Swedish flair.
“As the only foodie-focused cruise line, we strive to provide our guests with one-of-a-kind, hands-on culinary experiences that immerse them in the culinary cultures of the world,” stated Bob Binder, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises.
Full Roster of Classes
· Pucker Up – Celebrating the diversity and splendour of lemons in Mediterranean cooking
· Ancient Cuisines – showcasing the magical dishes of Morocco and Turkey
· All Things Roman – Celebrating the greatest dishes of the ancient Roman Empire
· Brunch Comforts – Classic brunch dishes and entertaining tips
· Cooking Fresh – Healthy, fresh, and flavourful dishes including Canyon Ranch Spa Cuisine favourites
· Essential Pasta – The fundamentals of pasta preparation, cookery, and sauces
· Greek Tonight – Our faculty’s favourite recipes from Santorini, Rhodes, Crete, Corfu, and Athens
· Grill School – Grilling is more than technique, it’s an art form
· If it Swims – Mastering the basics of fish cookery: searing, baking, shallow-poaching, deep-poaching, and curing
· In the Kitchen with Jacques – Celebrating the glorious career of our Executive Culinary Director and world-renowned Master Chef through knife skills, the secrets of emulsion, and a selection of Jacques’ favourite dishes from his sixty-year career
· Most Requested Red Ginger – Mastering the skills and most popular recipes from our acclaimed Asian restaurant
· The Sicilian Kitchen – A celebration of pasta, fish, and rice dishes from the home kitchens of our faculty and crew
· Viva Espana – Spanish cuisine has helped transform the culinary world and this class showcases traditional tapax and pintxos along with new and modern favourites
“Cuisine is such a significant part of European culture and our faculty bring it all to life through their passion for it in these classes which are more of a celebration than a curriculum. A little food, a little wine, and a little learning all combine to make for tremendous experiences,” added Binder.
To book a cruise call Oceania’s Sydney contact centre, Australia: 1300 355 200, New Zealand: 0800 625 691, email email@example.com, or visit www.oceaniacruises.com.
About Oceania Cruises
Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2018, Oceania Cruises is the world’s leading culinary and destination-focused cruise line. The line’s six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivalled holiday experience featuring The Finest Cuisine at Sea™, and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 400 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days.