I’d much rather be in France….
With written records of what we know of as France dating back to the Iron Age, various empires have had their stab at dominance, most notably the Greeks, and Romans. Each leaving their mark to produce the highly cultured society that we know today. France suffered, horrendous loses due to war, and has rebuilt itself many many times.
The 4 stages of Eiffel Tower construction
With the worlds 6th largest economy, France is very diversified, largely based around tourism, industry, and pharmaceuticals.
However, when we think of France, it evokes thoughts of baguettes, cheese, croissants, and the Eiffel tower. Or a lazy afternoon in the south, sitting casually at the front of the local cafe sipping Pastis.
There is so much to do in France (and the Principality of Monarco), that it would fill volumes, but the top 10 things we can recommend your clients include on their itinerary is:
1. Musée d’Orsay – one of the best museums, especially for fans of impressionism
2 . Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel – A magnificent UNESCO World Heritage listed Abbey in Normandy. Easily accessible via bus from Bayeux.
3. Walt Disney Studios – sure, you’re in Paris for some culture, but this will keep your clients little pax happy little campers
4. Louvre – goes without saying. No more need be said.
5. Moulin Rouge – A fantastic night out for Mum & Dad. Book early, as availability can be an issue.
roomsXML has 1438 Properties in Paris
6. Palace of Versailles – A magnificent complex with beautiful gardens. Cannot be missed.
7. In Marseille, Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde, take a bike tour in Parc national des Calanques, Marseille emblematic Museum, Musee des Beaux-Arts. Take the super quick TGV from Paris in a 3 hour train ride.
roomsXML has 131 Properties in Marseille
8. Not part of France as such, Monaco is an independent state, and is a delight. Its small, and can be covered in a couple of days. Highlights include the winding streets and alleyways themselves, the Princes Palace, and of course the Casino.
9. Also in Monaco, is the private antique car of Prince Rainier III. It includes classics, but also a F1 speed machine. Your clients kids will love it.
10 Monaco Grand Prix – no need to book, just turn up ! – Joking of course. An amazing experience and is the most electric (but busy) time to visit.roomsXML has 33 Properties in Monaco
roomsXML has over 96,000 properties worldwide. If you are unsure about which property to book, always check for the ‘Preferred’ logo next to the hotel; that means its been recommended by other Travel Agents. Thanks for Wikitravel for the tips.